Saturday, August 23, 2008

Book Release Party


Book Release Party
Friday, August 29th, 6:00-8:30
Ornamentea, Raleigh


If you are in the area please come to my book release party this Friday night. There will be yummy noshes and I would love to see you. We'll have many of the samples from the book available to see and touch, you can look over the book and I'll even sign it if you want me to. I guess that's what authors do, right, sign their books? I have no idea what I will write. My husband has offered up "I hope you'll fil-agree this is a great book" but, uh, well, he is an engineer and not a writer.

Even if you don't want me to write anything in your book, come to the party. You can see some of the projects in person and register to win a Filigree Surprise package with loads of my private stock of filigree lovelies.

What will I wear? I may see my friend Cheryl at Galatea for a dress, what do you think of this one? It has big rusty dots and I think I'd wear it for years, plus it's super-packable rayon so I will be ready for my multi-city book tour. That's a joke. Unless I do a signing at my brother's in Ohio I think my only 'tour date' will be here in Raleigh. The dress would still look good for my regular life of beading and grocery shopping and glamorous play dates with Nora and Cleo.

3 comments:

  1. Hello.
    I don't know you but since no one has commented - I like the dress, love packable clothing and I think you WILL be traveling for book signings :) Good luck !
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Cynthia, I am so sorry I am going to miss the party. (at the beach again) Please save me a copy of the book and I will buy it next week. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Love the dress and so wish I could come to the book party! Congrats! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?