Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I'm in Skirt! this month


Check it out! I was interviewed by the talented Faith Dwight for Skirt! magazine's 24/7 column. I had a lot of trouble answering all her questions. I don't actually have a theme song and the first thing that popped into my head was Never Say Goodbye from Bon Jovi*. That is so NOT my theme song, there is just a line that makes me laugh every time I think of it. I was never a BJ fan, and I am not ashamed to admit I was a fan of some pretty embarrassing musical choices. When it comes to Great Musicians from New Jersey I am more of a Bruce Springsteen type of girl, or maybe, honestly, Gloria Gaynor. On second thought, maybe I should have chosen that song...just to make you say 'what the heck?'

So, the photo is nice and small because for some unknown reason I wore PANTS. What? And sat with my legs like that. Cripes. What WAS I thinking? At least I wore my favorite-ever GIANT African horn beads. They are like something Wilma Flintstone would wear, if she was allowed to change her accessories. Faith showed up to take my picture in boots and a great prairie/babydoll dress that made her look like a stylist from L.A. Oh, she was also carrying the largest tripod I have seen in a long time. Very womanly.

So, read my full interview in the print version of Skirt! It's everywhere, just pick it up and skip all the filler, my photo and all are on the inside back cover. I am going to send it to my dad in the mail today.

*the line? "I lost my car keys and you lost more than that in my back seat." That has to be one of the cheesiest 80's song lyrics EVER, right?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 PM

    "a stylist from LA"? Definitely one of the best compliments I've gotten this year.

    By the way, I think you look super-hot and sassy in your photo. The pants say, "Just because I'm in skirt! doesn't mean I have to wear a skirt. I do what I want." That's hot.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:14 PM

    I think it's really lame of you to pretend you don't like Bon Jovi. You are forever breaking out with, "Ohhhh, ohhhh, half way there. Ohhh, ohhh, livin' on a prayer." Please stop the lies. N

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there anonymous-ok, ok, you got me. I DO love Bon Jovi. I can't help it, all those zebra print spandex pants and ripped jeans jackets! Ohhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Blog and your humor! The necklace is awesome!

    Kind Regards,
    LuLu Kellogg
    Eastern Shore, Maryland

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?