Saturday, March 07, 2009


Today we were talking about our favorite books in the store and I realized that while I do love this book, I have never reviewed it here on the blog. Sorry for the delay! I was too busy reading the book and too inspired to make the projects to actually write it up! Custom Cool Jewelry is filled with all the projects you want to make this spring, from pendant necklaces to fancy earrings. Melinda Barta shows you how to create all kinds of 'boutique' jewelry including resin pendants and on-of-a-kind toggles and many of the ideas would be great to adapt for using at charm swaps. She's used many of my favorite materials (wonder where she found them?) and I love what she created with our bezel settings, resins, charms and other bits and bobs. If you have been wanting to add some mixed media techniques to your repretoire, this is the book for you. See it here or in person at either of our stores.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:33 PM

    I purchased Cool Custom Jewelry several months ago, it is a wonderful and inspiring book. I would highly recommend it, it's packed with information and inspiration. I have discovered polymer clay, resin, Ornamentea and so much more! I am in awe of the beauty and creativity of the polymer artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are a mixed media artist like me or enjoy making jewllery with found objects this is the book for you ! Very coloful ,the book is a fun read the projects are inspirational this book will be hard to put down or to let your friends borrow! The author is fantastic I love her style and can't wait to see what she does next! You can bet I'll be there waiting !
    Happy Beading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely have to check this one out the next time I'm in the store!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?