Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Etsy Craft Night

While I was in New York last week I caught up with Emily (of Panopolie!) She is living in Brooklyn now, raising the world's cutest trilingual child. We miss her terribly but she is settled in to the cosmopolitan lifestyle and really enjoys Brooklyn. She took me to the etsy.com offices for Craft Night on Monday and we had a great time. It was an 'open' night which means that no one was teaching a project so we got to do whatever we wanted to. Emily wanted to make a zipper bag and I wanted to make a necklace out of quilt yo-yos. Mostly, we rifled through the well-supplied etsy shelves and chatted.


There was a group of etsians making kits in the room. I found out that they are all members of the {NewNew} Street Team and they were making giveaways for an event they were promoting. I was impressed with the level of chatter and laughter as they all cut and folded and stickered their giveaways.

I would love to have a picture of the yo-yo necklace here for the blog but I have somehow lost it...which is sad because it was pretty cute and summery and I was looking forward to wearing it a lot...hmm, maybe it's time to clean out my bag again?

Emily and I ended our evening having dinner at the French restaurant (but of course!) Provence en Boite on Smith Street. While the salade nicoise was not what we expected, we really loved the frites and the olives and the wine! It was lovely...so nice to see her and hear her voice. Emily, I miss you here in Raleigh!

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to see you!
    I'm still wondering how I will sew this zipper...

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?