Sunday, February 21, 2010

Redecorating...


We're doing a bit of redecorating here at the house. We have painted the girl's room and the hallway and now are contemplating the living room/kitchen. In our house that is one big room, not two separate ones. We painted the hallway a weird gray/grey that can look green in the right light and I think a much lighter shade of this color will be on the walls of the living room/kitchen. We also need to deal with some storage issues (we need lots, we have none) and this suitcase table idea from Design Sponge is really cool. I have a few old suitcases at the store that we've had for years and they haven't sold. I just may have to bring them home and hit them with spray paint.

Read the entire article here at Design Sponge.

Yes, this is their picture, sent in by a loyal Design Sponge reader and the suit case artiste. Now, go read the article at their blog and clicky clicky on their advertisers...

1 comment:

  1. That is so retro! In my very first apartment,
    ( some 35 years ago ) I took an old steamer trunk and did basically the same thing. I screwed on huge heavy duty casters and glued and screwed them down on each bottom corner. I painted the entire thing black and then decopaged the top and put a ton of clear varnish on top. This was my coffee table with storage! However the top was so interesting. ( I used cutouts from comics) that everyone always wanted to read the top. I did the same thing with rectangle wicker picnic baskets glued and screwed on tv trays that I had shortened the legs on. But I put a pieces of glass on the tops, so I could set some lamps on them. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?