Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Earring of the Week!

This pair of earrings matches a necklace that will be featured in an upcoming issue of Beadwork. The necklace has 153 bead caps* in it. The earrings only have 4.

The one little tip I would give you for making earrings like these is to put a 6/0 bead inside the beadcap to help the wire stay in the center. You don't have to do that, but it makes the looping go so much faster. For a pair of earrings, maybe not so important. Just wait until you see that necklace!

Oh, I promise that next week's Earring of the Week will NOT feature Elaine's little ceramic petal caps. Sorry, I just realized we've used them in projects for the last three weeks...

*as far as I remember, I don't actually have it the necklace here to count the bead caps...and really, does it matter if it's 154? 157? Trust me, it's a LOT of bead caps.

4 comments:

  1. Love those caps and the color is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qué graciosos son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earrings are very cute, but the necklace with over 150 bead caps would cost me $450 just for the ceramic bead caps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie-yeah, there are some definite advantages to being the Queen Bee! I sort of started the necklace and then it just got bigger and bigger...THEN I added up the bead caps! ;-) That necklace is pretty amazing...just wait until you see it...
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?