Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Handcrafted Jewelry-two great projects by moi!

this is a detail from one of my projects in the new issue of Handcrafted Jewelry. This issue features projects that use fibers, resin, beads, metal and more to create jewelry projects that  are fresh and fashionable. Here at the store we sort of like to say that the whole magazine is 'very Ornamentea.' Translation: we love it!

Order your copy here or pick one up at our store.

We have been working diligently to get our As Seen In page updated. It is one of those things we should be more current on....but maybe it's a sign of how busy we are that we can't keep our press page updated! Yeah, that's it!

But seriously, if you have your own business you should make a big deal about ANY press you get. Get those scans up on your website(eventually!), blog about them, tweet links to the articles. If you do shows, consider making an album with your tear sheets safely encased in a binder. Remember to save the magazine or catalog cover as well as the article. Ditto with the masthead of the newspaper you appear in.

Yes, I realize the irony of giving this advice while I don't altogether follow it. Did I mention we get busy?
Anyhow, the pages are getting updated. The stack of books and magazines has dwindled till we can almost see the bottom. Oh, wait, did I just hear the mail truck?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on this publication...I love Handcrafted Jewelry! I was just looking at my copy today and saw your beautiful pieces! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?