Monday, October 11, 2010

make a bat bracelet


Personally, I am not spooked by bats. I find them very, very interesting. When I used to live in Austin, TX we would visit the country's largest urban bat colony under the Congress Avenue bridge. The bats emerge at sunset to soar up the river, swooping and eating bugs. The best spot to view the bats is on the river itself in a canoe or kayak. It is amazing to watch the thousands and thousands of bats flit overhead. They swoop quite close to the watchers-I often felt the breeze of a wing although bats fly far to fast to see up close. 

This bracelet uses one of our long brass bats with the wingtips curved and looped to hold chain. We featured it as a tutorial last autumn but I thought it was worth a second mention. I wear mine year-round, but in October it seems to get more comments than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?