Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Something I am working on...



Actually, it might be 'something I have finished.' I can't decide. On the one hand, the chain and Swarovski looks great and the clasp spaces it out nicely on the wrist. On the other hand, um, it's just not done. At least, I don't think it is...
Any ideas? More chain? More crystals? Move on?
And it's a bracelet.
And, I was making this for a Dispatch* for Thursday or maybe Sunday.  Now, however, the turquoise chain is sold out. We have about 8 more colors being made (right now) for us at the Magic Crystal Chain Factory and we hope they'll be here by Friday.
For now, however, I can't use this project for the Dispatch. So I might want to call it 'something I have finished for now' and move on to the next projects...
Oh, the link for the ball chain is here, the crystal chain is here. And the ball chain fits in the crystal chain ends, by the way.

And I am off to make something else...

*the Dispatch is a weekly or twice-weekly email with a free project. Subscribe here.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, I see your point about it not being quite done. My first thought was that it needs something vertical, but upon retrospect that doesn't seem quite right. Maybe a charm on the bottom ring of one of the spacers, or a couple of jump rings with charms or dangles on them attached between a few of the ball chain links? Something like that.

    At any rate, it -is- pretty and elegant the way it is. So you -could- just leave it. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! i learn few things in this post, thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KISS ... I think it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:29 PM

    Great color combo. I love the look in the 2nd pic where the strands hug each other.If it fits snuggly it would be fine. If it's at all loose I would want the strands connected in at least 3 locations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the hardest, but best thing to do for a piece is to declare it "done"! It looks great as-is, actually :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?