Saturday, December 25, 2010

Stealing a few minutes...


Today our store is closed. No beadfreaks have questions, not a single vendor needs an authorization, no boxes will clear customs. The printer won't call. No orders will be packed. No products will be priced. No samples will be made. The UPS guy won't have a damaged box for me to inspect. No articles will be edited. We won't shoot a video tutorial. I won't help a fledgling artist with pricing, make a pot of coffee for a customer or take out the trash. I'll wear my jammies all day, cook a giant meal and spend the entire time with some of my favorite people in the whole wide world.

I love Christmas.

I hope you are having a great day.

Note: this was written in advance, and posted using top-secret technology. That picture? It was taken by Cleo a few weeks ago. Nora is cutting paper snowflakes for our window.

Note #2 We just might get SNOW in North Carolina today. On Christmas. I cannot describe the joy this brings me as a Midwesterner. Wow.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it awesome to have no one to deal with and nothing to do? I hardly know what to do with myself!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?