Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Earring of the Week





These sparkly and simple earrings are poised to become favorites of mine. They are just dangly enough...and those silver-backed Swarovski margaritas are just sparkly enough...

I have attached the Swarovski's with headpins, looped on the backs. I intended to add dangles from the loops but then I got the earrings to this point and realized that if they were any bigger I wouldn't wear them. I am sorry to say I have never really jumped back on the giant earring wagon. I can't. My middle-aged earlobes are too tender. I wore gi-ganto earrings in the 80's, thank you very much M'am. Now I want something smaller. Something less painful.

These just fit the bill...perfectly.

Make your own:
Swarovski silver-backed margaritas
brass flower dangle (left and right)
simple brass leverbacks

you'll also need a pair of round nose pliers, a pair of chain nose pliers and a cutter

and seven minutes...

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these. I, too, was a victim of 80s door knocker earrings. I love the look of big ones but don't wear them so much any more. I prefer a little bit of understated elegance. These would fit the bill nicely. Thank you for sharing!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?