Sunday, January 23, 2011

Really, really cool new tool...


I'm excited about the new riveting and eyelet setting tool that we received from Crafted Finding this last week. The folks there have been trying to get me to try the tool for a while but honestly, the super-slick YouTube video makes it look too good to be true. 
Well, for the first time in a while maybe we CAN trust a YouTube video! 
This tool is, to quote our fabulous Chantal 'da bomb!' It sets rivets like nothing else and makes eyelets so perfect you can't tell which side was the good side. I made the five samples right here in about five minutes (yes, not my best design work but I was riveting anything that didn't move!) That red lucite flower? I widened the hole with the hole-punching side and then riveted it right in. The flower did not break. We've got the tool set up at the demo counter in the store right now and you can stop in and try it out. If you want to make a project with it join Sarah and everyone else on Thursday night for Technique Thursday. She created a necklace with a very sweet nickle-silver disk pendant with a flower riveted right in the center. Come make the project for just $8.

and that red leaf filigree and pink rosette filigree that you see on the pendant is just this and this sprayed with a bit of red or pink spray paint!



5 comments:

  1. Too cool! Really, thanks for sharing this great new tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I so totally have to get one now. I saw it in action at the Bead & Button show last year with Sherri Haab. I was wary of it, but the more I try to rivet the more I believe that I need this because seriously? I love the look of riveting but I get all sloppy pants when I try to do it the hard way. This makes it so easy to do. I am going to put this as high on my list as I can for when I have enough pennies saved up. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWEsome! *ahhh, another item for the wish list!* Will we also be able to get the rivets @ Ornamentea? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, I am IN LOVE with this tool. It really does live up to the hype!
    we have a selection of rivets and eyelets now and are adding more. I have just tried this tool with several 1/16th rivets and eyelets from other companies and they all seem to work well, even the painted 'fancy' scrapbooking ones...
    yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do indeed love that tool. I used both ends when I made the "ZACK" bit on my blog a few days ago. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?