Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sweaters


This is my friend, Crispina. She makes sweaters and rugs and amazing blankets. She is also having a sale in her etsy shop. Yeah, I know that spring, Spring, SPRING is coming but honey, it will be cold again in the fall. Or maybe on Friday. Her fab sweaters make me so happy when I wear them. We have one of her amazing potholder rugs that warms my toes every day when I get out of bed. 
 
Crispina has been doing the recycled/upcycled wool thing for ages. She's not some wet-behind-the-ears hippie chick. She kind of invented the whole thing. I'd call her the Grandmother of Sweater Reuse but she's not exactly a grandma.  
 
I met her in the early 90's in the cavernous Javit's Center in NYC. We were doing a trade show together and she was so beautifully intense and so honest about everything. Plus, she makes an amazing spaghetti sauce. 
 
Go check out her etsy shop and treat yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?