Sunday, July 08, 2012

Packing the craft supplies

We're headed out tomorrow for a trip to the mountains. We rent a bare-bones cabin, the same location every year, so we have to pack sheets, towels, pots, pans, everything.

My girls packed their clothes today. We've made two trips to the library for books. I've made a few treats, and my hubby gathered his biscuit-cutter and the flour.

But now, it's 11:00 pm and I'm packing all my craft supplies. I've purchased reed and cane for a basket, and the girls have markers, paper, staples and seventy nine rolls of duct tape. There's yarn and crochet hooks, a glue gun and a ruler. Paint, brushes, paper, book-binding needles and linen.

Is it enough? Really, WHAT will I need? A torch? What about wire-sterling, copper, a pickle pot? Leather cording? Seed beads and thread? Felt and needles?

Will it be too hot for hikes? Will we weave and draw and sculpt and hook it all in a day? It's this way every year-I worry and fret and then I just take too many craft supplies.

What do you pack when you travel?