Tuesday, April 01, 2014

April's First Friday will be Egg-citing

Join us this Friday from 6:00-8:00 pm for a fun FREE project and a fun guest artist.

Patty Whitehurst will be here with her handmade sugar eggs. These are a traditional Easter treat and Patty makes them in the traditional way. The sugar-spun flowers, bunnies, chicks and leaves are a pastel whirl of springy joy and Patty makes each one by hand using sugar, meringue and magic. I remember gazing at the tiny world inside these eggs as a child and wanting to shrink myself down to teeny chick- or bunny-size and wander those icing gardens.

While these eggs will last for years, I never could resist nibbling at mine when I was a child. I may have to get one this year and see what happens!
Patty will be here from 5:00-9:00 pm on First Friday, April 4th.

our FREE project is available from 6:00-8:00 pm
Can't make it on Friday? We'll have 3-pin sets available to make all month at the work table, just $4 a set.

Of course, we'll be serving beer and wine for donations to Habitat for Humanity. The beer is from Lonerider, and the wine is from Sip...a Wine Store. Come have a glass, make a clip and see those eggs!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize these were edible till I read the description. Wow, that is really amazing.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?