Wednesday, September 17, 2014

want to figure it out? walk!

How do you pull yourself out of a creative rut? figure out that hard-to-finish jewelry conundrum?

According to two researchers at Stanford, you should take a walk. They claim that a walk - not a run or a drive or a bike ride - helps you to think creatively.

I agree...I try, when I can, to walk to work. For that ten minutes my brain can engage in an easy bit of day-planning. I find I'm more active and more able to finish tasks in the hour or two following a walk to the shop. It's one of the things I love about my job. Ornamentea is located where it is because I can walk to that green building.

Anyway, check out this article in the New Yorker about how walking can improve your creativity.

here's the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?