Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Newsletter message, April 21st

Good morning. I hope you are having a good week, so far. I am having a creative burst of energy that has me waking up at 4:00 am and wanting to make things. 

Or it might be the birds.

We've been sleeping with the windows open lately and those birds really DO get up early. I know they have worms to catch, but still...the tweet-tweeting begins at 4:00 (or earlier!) every morning. I try to incorporate it in my dreams and keep sleeping. Some mornings that works out and I slumber on, dreaming of a tropical oasis with sweet birds bringing me sun hats and fancy drinks.  Other mornings the tweeting turns into that weird dream where a bunch of robins are chasing me through the library trying to get my overdue book from 1989 and I'm not wearing shoes and there's a librarian that looks exactly like John Cleese. That dream is never good. 

Since I was up so early this morning (thank you very much, Mr. Cleese!) I decided to revisit our Pop-Up Sunday pics from last year. That was fun. This weekend is our first Pop-Up of the 2015. I am super excited. We are raising money for Healing Ceilings and have a new sponsor, WUNC. We have some amazing vendors, two delicious food trucks, an Elizabeth Galecke photo booth, great craft beer, wine, CUPCAKES and more. Did I say I was excited? Pop-Up is like a day-long party with shopping, drinks and food. Learn more here and join us

This Friday and Saturday we are hosting Suzie Oware for a fabulous trunk show in our North Classroom. She'll begin the fun with a special talk about the meanings and messages in Ghanaian glass beads on Thursday night. This talk includes a preview of the trunk show, and there are a limited number of spots remaining. If you want to register for the talk, click this link and snap up one of those seats
this week's interesting items

  • we've gotten a shipment of metallic seed beads in and they are (mostly) out on the floor, add these to all your designs for a current look
  • if you haven't yet checked out the new Green Girl charms, connectors, clasps and beads you are missing out! our favorite tiger charms says (on the back) 'A tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep' and might be just the gift for that graduating senior you know! click the pic to see more Green Girl.
  • our Mixed-Media necklaces, shown below - a combo of fibers and a mix of interesting beads - are THE thing to pair with your summer clothes. Think easy and casual, arty and interesting. Come in and we'll show you how to make that tricky, adjustable knot at the back, too!
  • back in stock: ball chaincross-lock tweezersgold-plated wiremetallic seed beads

I am proud to say that at this moment I don't have any outstanding library books. I have no idea why the birds keep harassing me about them. 

This week will fly by...I hope to see you!

  
This message is excerpted from our weekly store newsletter. What are you missing? more pics, great offers on classes and sometimes coupons for your favorite beads...subscribe today, use that link in the sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?