Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Newsletter message, June 9, 2015

Greetings!

How is your summer going? Yes, I know that the season technically starts on the 21st, but here in North Carolina the weather is already toasty. I've developed a strong relationship with my sandals. Our evenings on the porch now involve a fair amount of cricket chirping, mixed in with the frog songs. 

ahh...

I'm excited to welcome summer. I look forward to some lazy days. I am planning a big studio sorting; my girls both need new desks (they currently use junior-sized, 1970's school desks) and my bead collection needs some tidying. I like to take crafts with me on trips. Doing that requires a bit of pre-planning and packing. My problem is that I often don't unpack until the night before the next trip. I'm hoping to get ahead of my self and sort things out so that I'll be ready for an adventure. I like to use a big bag with several clear storage bins and lots of zip-up bags for tools and supplies, but it may be time for a new way to travel.

Speaking of travel and places I love, today's Try It features one of our NC charms. This leather-and-chain bracelet is a nice little token to accompany you on your summer adventures.

Did you know that Ornamentea will be 16 in September? We are already planning our Sweet 16 party, and of course, you are invited. I'm thinking that a lot of my chill-out time this summer may involve a new Pinterest page...Ornamentea's Big Sweet 16!  If you are on Pinterest, won't you follow us and help me plan it? Find our Pinterest page here. 

I'll see you soon-

Make it at the red table...
Try this, today
Create a sweet friendship bracelet with an NC pendant today at our work table. This leather bracelet is accented with linen and brass chain. The technique can be adapted for necklaces and scaled up, for greater drama. 
Join us today, 10-6, to make this bracelet for just $4. After today, the Make-N-Take kits for this bracelet will be $5 each. 

(psst...these make wonderful teacher gifts!)


Breakfast and Beads
We start the weekend early. We open at 8:30 every Fridaymorning and would love for you to join us. Whether you are grabbing the supplies you need for that weekend out of town, or you can stay a while and join us for a cup of coffee and a bit of making at the work table, we would love to see you.

Breakfast & Beads is every Friday, from 8:30-10:30, with coffee and breakfast treats. 

Pop-Up Fabric Shop
Sunday - Tuesday
If you quilt, sew or stitch, you'll want to join us for this 3-day pop-up Fabric Shop. This collection of designer fabrics is all printed on 100% cotton, so it's perfect for summer wear. Look for the prints you see here, plus 100's of others. I've already got one mix-up tote bag from a blend of these, and I feel another one coming on!

pop-up Fabric Shop
3 days only, June 14-16
opens Sunday at 12 noon!
read on to the end of the email for free fabric coupon!

take a class to create something new
Friday night Craftcycle Party
create a chevron denim cuff
Save $5 with the code DENIM

 
Saturday
make a statement
create a layered necklace and learn several knotting and finishing techniques 

check out our class listing here
this week's new items and restocks:

  • we've received several new styles of daggers and drops, plus a few restocks
  • ask to see our stone cabs...these are fab for that stone-setting class you are taking!
  • vintage rhinestones, PLUS lots of other new beads are on the wood trays...
  • back in stock- black, tuquoise, cream and crystal rosary chains see them here
  • back in stock waxed linen cording see it here
  • new charms are in the charm mix bin! 
  • lots of new Toho beads are here, they'll be on the site by next week
  • back in stock, LOTS of Decopatch papers, all the way from France...come see them
  • back in stock, metal beads including these favorites

the text above was excerpted from our weekly store newsletter...you missed coupons, sale notices and some other fun...don't miss the next one, sign up at the link in the sidebar of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?