Monday, March 05, 2007

staff challenges


Every month at each store we have a staff challenge where everyone gets the same ingredients and has to make something with it. Everyone decided I should judge, which means I don't get to/have to make a project but I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. It is really hard to judge when you are comparing, say, earrings made with felt and a skirt made with felt. Well, the skirt isn't exactly a great pair of earrings but the earrings aren't exactly a great skirt. Everyone who works here has pretty good craft skills, so it's really rare that I can automatically eliminate a project because of bad gluing or messy wire work. I try to go with my gut reactions to to work. The one that makes me say 'wow' is generally the winner.
That's why this shrine by Mollie won. I mean, look at it. She made the whole thing from foam core (a la Carol Owens) and covered it with newspaper. There is even a drawer that opens. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?