Monday, May 14, 2007

The Book

I am writing a book.

Really. I can't believe it but it's true. The book will be called Beading With Filigree and it will be part of a beading series that is published by Lark Press. They are one of my favorite craft publishers, their books look great and (in our stores) sell really well, too. I will be creating (coff-coff) 40-42 new filigree projects, writing instructions for all, writing a chapter on how-tos, and and on how to organize a work space and writing a chapter on basic techniques. So far, we have picked 11 (or 13, I can't remember) projects so that only leaves 27-29 to go.

I am pretty excited about this, but also kind of nervous. Not about designing the jewelry, I can do that I think, but about making it all look good. My editor (that's pretty cool to type that, huh? my editor...) will keep me on track, so I won't be able to get off schedule, and hopefully she'll help me bring it all together, as well. My family wanted to know if there would be a book tour, which, I think there won't unless I do a signing at both stores (Ornamentea and Panopolie) and then the drive between them would be the book tour.

The book is due out in early 2008. To make this possible I have to have EVERYTHING to them by September. Projects, chapters, all photos taken, all corrections made. Everything.

So, I gotta get to work. The first deadline is May 30th. Yikes!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Woooohooooooooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say, congratulations on getting commissioned to write the book...sounds like you've had all the experience to make it an interesting read for the (hopefully) millions of people that'll buy it once its out. I'm an avid bead crafter myself, and have been for a few years. I'm also in the middle of writing a book, although it's fiction. As you're doing two things I'm currently also doing, I thouhgt I'd say I hope it all goes well and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Congratulations! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I definitely need to get me a copy when your book comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Congratulations! What an amazing opportunity. I'll be on the lookout for it when its published. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?