Tuesday, July 31, 2007

busy week

Not a lot of posts lately. It's been busy here. We had a bead show this last weekend (Jane's Mercantile) and other than the lady who yells "TIME TO GO" at the end of the day it was a good show. We got set up quickly on Friday, we had a good crowd on Saturday and on Sunday I got to walk around the show and look at all the pretties.

I have also been focusing, or trying to focus, on the book. I am in the writing up all the directions and making all the samples part of the book-writing-process. It's time consuming and frankly, not as much fun as the making up all the projects part of the process. I am really going to hit it hard this week and next, staying up late every night to get the stuff made and the photos taken and the directions written. I need to get it done. I have to concentrate on my other job, the stores. If I worked for me, I would fire me right now. Lucky for me, I don't.

Heh heh.

2 comments:

  1. know you are swamped, but if you are interested in growing your own organic food, or organic food in general, you need to read Barbara Kingsolver's book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It's about her family's year of eating "Slow Food" or being "locavores" with a lot of facts thrown in. Good read, really interesting.

    Good luck on deadlines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia - your blog is just like you "FABULOUS". I've admired you for so many years and every time I bump into you - which is not often enough - I think what a savvy lady/artist/Mom/wife/shopkeeper........and chicken farmer you are!!!! Oh I could go on and on!

    Good luck with the book - just don't understand where you get the time and energy to do so much. Your shops are gorgeous - took Jasmin to Panopolie a couple of weeks ago (ate lunch in Ferlo's) and we had such fun picking out treasures for our altered cooks and cards.

    Hope to see you soon, meanwhile visit my blog (ACROSS THE POND)if you have time - it's a mix of my life since coming to the USA soooo long ago.
    Fondly Mary (Sullivan).

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?