Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New dress, makes me happy

Ok, yes, I know I shouldn't be just thrilled by a new frock. It's not 1954 and I am not Blondie Bumstead. BUT I went out and bought myself a new dress last week as a present for, uh, well, just because. I went into one of my favorite stores, Galatea* and tried on a million things and loved the dress but really, probably wouldn't have purchased it. It was so bright and blue. Then, somehow, tiny Nora puts the dress on and walks around the store while I am trying on other items. Now, I couldn't not buy it, what with her practically mopping the floor, could I?

So, thanks Nora. I owe you one. So far I have worn this dress three times and once my sweet hubby accidentally put it in the dryer. It came out unscathed! No shrinkage!

I look JUST LIKE THIS in this dress. Seriously.



*I like Galatea because I used to work for Cheryl AND because they have a store with a difficult-to-pronounce-name just like me AND because their clothes are cute and sorta trendy but don't make me look like I am trying to be 23.

2 comments:

  1. Did Galatea use to be in Cameron Village? There was a store there, as my Mother would say...where Buster Brown used to be (in 1972!)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they moved and they are near Logan's and Ace Hardware now...in the Seaboard Station. It's more convenient for me, I can use the 'I gotta go to the hardware store/grocery store' excuse to stop by.

    And it hasn't been since 1972, but it has been a while!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?