Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fabulous Fabric Beads book review

We received the new Fabulous Fabric Beads by Kristal Wick a while back and I have been carrying it everywhere. That is what I do with craft books, I carry them in my tote bag and bring them out when I am waiting or have a free moment. Some folks like to read a novel or catch up on the daily paper, I like to browse my craft books. I call it mental studio time. While others are waiting at the car pool, or sitting in the dentist's office I am off far away, mentally beading in my studio.

This book was a great one for my mental studio-it is filled with novel ideas for making beads out of fabric. There are a large variety of styles and the pictures are colorful and enticing. I kept thinking of ways I could also use most of these techniques with paper or other fibers and indeed, several of the beads do use papers. The last part of the book is filled with project ideas and some great color palette ideas. I will have to attack that big pile of fabric bits and scraps that I just can't part with and start turning them into beads and jewelry...

Check it out at both stores. Don't you need to visit your mental studio?

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooooooooooooooo Cynthia!
    You are my first review (as far as I know). How exciting!!!
    I thank you for your kind words and say "Mission Accomplished" if my book gave you a blast of inspiration and ideas!
    I'd love to come teach for you guys and do a trunk show! Sure to be a blast!
    Can't wait to pickup your book, CONGRATS!

    Hugs & Sparkles,
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?