Friday, October 17, 2008

Off To the Beach

What is it about a week of vacation that requires me to pay penance in advance? This week has been so crazy, every last minute has been crammed full of rush-rush-rush, and so many things have gone wrong that I feel like the universe is out to get me. I am late on so many deadlines I can't even remember them. My to-do list is pages long. I got a box back with several lovely pieces of jewelry that just weren't quite right for the publication I submitted them to. I broke a glass. We're out of chicken food. My sweet in-laws are here and I have been rushing around so much I have hardly seen them. Even my feet hurt.

Luckily for me, tomorrow we will head to the beach for a week. I will take lots of beads and some other crafty do-dads. I may post to the blog, but don't count on it. Tonight I am going to make a cup of tea and pack up our necessary items and then forget all that stuff that made this week so bad. Tomorrow I will leave behind my list and messes and broken things. Tomorrow I will make up stories about sea gulls and dolphins and wild horses. Tomorrow I will hold my husband's hand as we watch the girls run on the shore. Ahh.

1 comment:

Do you have something else to add?