Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Elaine Ray Trunkshow and Artisan Workshop (with me!)


Elaine Ray will be having a trunk show at Ornamentea on Friday and Saturday, March 13th and 14th. She'll be showing off lots of her one-of-a-kind pendants and beads and we may even see some items from her new grouping which includes brighter glazes. I am really excited about the new glazes as I have been in a bright mood lately. It must be the early spring sunshine!

Elaine's work is loved by bead snobs all around the world. You'll see her beads used by artists likeAndrew Thornton, find them in the pages (and on the cover!) of your favorite magazine. The great part about a trunk show is that you'll have the chance to meet Elaine and talk to her about her work. She'll even help you match up different glazes or find just the right pendant for your project.

Trunk show hours are 1-9 p.m. on Friday, 10-5:00 on Saturday.

Join me at Ornamentea on Friday, March 13th for an Artisan Workshop featuring Elaine Ray beads. We'll work with a crimped leather technique that makes the most of Elaine's tiniest hand-glazed beads. We'll also explore methods of suspending pendants and you'll have guidance on color selection and design principles. Our Artisan Workshops are just $10 and include refreshments.

Register in person at Ornamentea or on the phone at 919-834-6260.

Call today, space is limited.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 PM

    I love Elaine Ray's beads! They are such a versatile and organic addition to any piece. They are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew! I am really liking the necklace Cynthia has pictured on this post and wondering how I'd use my new bright colors for a similar necklace. Maybe with some hot pink cord? The new bright beads are a real step out of the box for me - I'm an earth tone type, but even I am looking forward to wearing some flashy spring colors after this cold weather!
    - Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?