Friday, April 03, 2009

Patti Digh at Panopolie

Tonight was so much fun! The store was full to the brim with so many artists and creative people. Everyone had a great time listening to Patti Digh read and I loved hearing the stories behind some of her stories. She is a wonderful spinner of tales and everyone was loathe to have her stop. She signed books until they were all sold out (!) and then cheerfully signed some flashcards I had lying around.

Thank you to all who came out to hear Patti read, and a big thank you to Mollie and Heidi who spent the afternoon putting extra touches on the store (like the stack of books above!) while I was home with my children.

Now I am off to bed, Betz White's class is tomorrow and I have to pick her up at 8:00 at her hotel. I wonder if she drinks coffee?

2 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL evening it was! Thank you so very much for hosting Patti. I'm thought-full and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so LOVED being there in your fantabulous shop in which even the bathrooms are works of art! Many thanks for the wonderful invitation to spend time with such beautiful art and people. I was delighted to be there and to meet you, Cynthia! (And my thanks again to Jennifer for the fudge!)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?