Thursday, March 18, 2010

our sweet petal beadcaps on Art Bead Scene

EDITED to correct the artist! These earrings were made by Heather Powers, Tari just sent me the link and I was so excited by the jewelry that I didn't read clearly! Sorry!

I just love the Art Bead Scene blog. Not only do I admire the bead artists who contribute to the blog; I adore the way they really show how beautiful artist-made beads are. Handmade, artist-made beads are just about all I want to work with anymore.

Tari Sasser, who makes really lovely beads and buttons (AND is a fellow Ohioan!) used some of our petal caps to create sweet blossoms in a tutorial today on Art Bead Scene in their Findings Worth Finding feature. Check out the original post, with the full tutorial, here.

The bead caps she used are here. For those beads from Humblebeads, go here and tell Heather I sent you. To visit Tari's work go to Creative Impressions.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! The ABS crew is one talented bunch, and I feel lucky to view their loveliness let alone contribute from time to time. It feels like I have been given the key to join the cool kids club. I feel so lucky to know them (some of them in person). I am a new convert to your shiny little things as well...stay tuned for something for this month's theme with Humblebeads and something I bought from you!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia! I can't take credit for the bead flowers, that is all Heather, humblebeads.com, our leader at ABS. She is the creative maven using your petal caps. Thanks for the shout out on Art Bead Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring the ABS and my project today Cynthia! That's my tutorial, I whipped it up the other day from my lovely Ornamentea stash. :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?