Thursday, April 29, 2010

How Charming-International Charm Day


Today, April 28th, I distributed charms in and around Raleigh, NC as part of International Charm Day. I left charms hidden at Askew-Taylor paints, the Cameron Village Library, and the Fresh Market. I had grand plans for giving them directly to strangers but at the last minute I chickened out and decided to hide them around town with notes attached. I also had grand plans to hide ten charms in ten different locations but I was didn't end up doing that much running around today.

International Charm Day has no set rules: you can celebrate however you wish. I like the idea of making art to share with strangers (are you listening, Patti?) and so I decided to do a Charm Giveaway. Not all the charms are the monkey charms pictured, some are seashellish, a few are steampunky paper and resin...

If you find a charm, you'll know it's mine as it will have a note that says:

Hello! You have found a charm hidden by me in celebration of International Charm Day. Please wear it or give it away. I hope it made you smile to find this charm!

I also have my blog address on the note. Hopefully someone will contact me!

3 comments:

  1. how cute are those monkeys? they made me SMILE! come visit my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How totally fun! Love this idea--wish I lived closer. The charms are so cute--maybe next year I'll try something like that around my area. CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:36 AM

    What a neat way to make a new friend smile. A secret gift can truely make a wish come true for you and the recipiant. I wish I could have found it! Imagine, dream, wish, and create on! You're fantastic for doing this!! Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?