Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Elaine Ray Trunkshow Friday and Saturday

We're hosting Elaine Ray for a trunk show at Ornamentea on Friday and Saturday. You can expect to see a lot of her one-of-a-kind experimental glazes and bead shapes plus more of the usual favorites. I am hoping that folks will bring in jewelry they have made with her beads; Elaine loves to see what people make and so do I.

This necklace is one of my current favorites. I am really amused by the way the rectangular jump rings slide on that silk dupioni ribbon and the beads end up clustered together there at the center. The bright colors are perfect for sunny spring days, although I actually made this necklace on a cold, blustery, late-winter day. I wear it with a black dress but later this summer I will probably wear this necklace with a white linen shirt on a hot day...

Elaine's trunk show is Friday from 12:00-9:00 and Saturday from 10:00-6:00. See you there!

You can find the full directions for the Frayed Ribbon Necklace here
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?