Friday, May 14, 2010

Art Bead Scene May contest...


The lovely folks at Art Bead Scene have a monthly contest with an image as the inspiration. I like the idea of being inspired by a beautiful image...tho' I have to admit I usually just sit down and play with my beads until something happens. Ha! Perhaps that habit accounts for my very slow production rate of late? This beautiful Chagall image with the swirl of red (my favorite color!) and the bird-face character is compelling me to enter.

The prizes are wonderful: art beads from three talented designers. I would enter with a mix of the Cherry Jam and Purple Hyacinth beads from Elaine Ray, plus some Vineyard Crepe Cording...how lovely will that be?

Remember, all entries must include art beads. The full contest description and rules is available here.

1 comment:

  1. I just remembered that a piece I created recently is a spot on reference to the surreal circus like feel of this painting. It is as if the editors of ABS were reading my mind! I hope to post it this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?