Saturday, February 19, 2011

It is time for him to come home...


My husband and I share an office. This is a good thing. We are not generally at work at the same time. I don't spend long hours at a desk when I am at work-I try to do my desk work at home and when I'm at the store I try to be ON the sales floor.

Plus, well, I'm messy. When I did have an office it looked like a flea market store room that had been decorated by a crazed bead collector. I tend to pile up the papers (which I probably will ignore anyway) and get very distracted by the beads, ribbon...rivets. Our current arrangement forces me to be a bit neater. Since I share an office with my husband I clean up the desk most days so that he can come in and use it.

Well, not this week! He's been gone on a rare long trip. Eight days. That's the longest we've been apart in our 21 year marriage. It's also the longest stretch I've had alone with the desk...

heh-heh-heh

Tomorrow night, late, he comes home. I gotta get this mess cleaned up.

But first I need to go finish some riveting...

2 comments:

  1. But wait....isn't that what a desk is suppose to look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that flea market store room sounds familar!!

    ssh

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?