Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is someone stealing your images?

If you post pictures of your work on your website or a shopping site you have to wonder if they are being appropriated by others. Now Google has given us an easy way to find out.

1. Copy any image you are interested in searching for to your desktop.
2. Go to Google and select Image from the top left hand bar. 
3. Drag and drop that image into the search frame and in less than five seconds Google will find all the uses of that image AND give you a treasury-like display of visually similar images.

Wild, huh?

Let me know if you find out that any of your images are being used without your permission!

(the Google image search function works way faster - and to me, better - than the old TinEye.com site did!)

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was a way to do this! Thanks for sharing, Millie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting info :)

    But the results are totally crazy - just pasted one of my pendants (used on flickr and blog) and google cannot find them.. and shows me a bunch of red motorcycles claiming they are "similar" images. lol

    Did I miss something? Maybe the image name has to be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this information! I have noticed in my stats that some of my traffic is through Google images. It has made me wonder whether people are using my images or just linking to my blog through them. Hopefully the latter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried and tried it but couldn't get my picture to land in the window. I wish it would work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?