Friday, October 07, 2011

Basha Bead Chatelaine Necklace


This necklace features a large Basha lampwork bead hanging from a central ring. The side charms add a bit of noise to the whole necklace. I'm a big fan of that super-soft chenille rococo ribbon that I used for the necklace and I was glad to fit it into the project. We've been having a lot of conversations at work about our goth-y roots and that ribbon is something that really reminds me of a bit of Victorian mourning trim.

Mmm....moody Victorians...

To make this necklace you need:
1 large garnet Basha bead
1 silver (imitation rhodium) head pin
1 toggle
1 silver ring, 33 mm
2 antique silver pastille bead caps
1 silver lock charm
1 silver ball locket, filled with silhouettes from this template
15 inches of gray and black rococo ribbon
2 basket weave ribbon ends, 1/2 inch
6 links of stainless steel chain used as jump rings
2 antique silver jump rings, 7 mm

Here's a picture of this necklace being worn, from 365necklaces.com.

3 comments:

  1. Original collar, enhorabuena!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this type of necklaces! very nice.. And lovely ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have the "Gothy Roots"-LOL. Appreciate the fabulous flea market found treasure appeal of this piece. Maybe I need to make one to celebrate birthday week? XOXO eow

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?