Friday, November 22, 2013

Art Bead Scene Monthly Challenge for November

A print of this painting hung in my elementary school. I remember it clearly. The print was a bit washed out, it probably dated from when the school was built (in the late 50's or very early 60's) and to my 1975 eyes it was faded. I really loved the fruit, though, and remember staring at the way Cezanne had painted them to suggest the shading and the roundness. I learned a lot from that print, and the Cezanne Room at Arles print that hung in a different hallway.

Considering how much I remember this print, I am guessing it was in the hall to the lunch room? Or maybe outside the bathroom?

This is also the inspiration image for the Art Bead Scene challenge for this month. This is monthly contest that encourages readers to create a piece of jewelry based on an exemplar image. Winners get lots of art bead goodies. The contest closes at the end of each month. You should enter. Yes, I know it's the 22nd. Well, sometimes it's good to work under pressure, isn't it?

If you haven't tried the challenge, or if you want to know more, visit the Art Bead Scene here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?