Sunday, November 24, 2013

Inspiration is for amateurs. -Chuck Close


“Inspiration is for amateurs — the rest of us just show up and get to work.”


Chuck Close, a photo-realist painter who's work asks questions about portraiture, paintings and photography, is full of some amazing advice. He's a painter who works, despite serious physical limitations, daily. He's produced art on a heroic level for decades. By that, I mean a lot of art and really LARGE art. This painting is around 6 feet wide. 

I've admired his work for a long time, but this recent article left me with a quote I'm really going to embrace. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with store and mom and me activities lately and I've not felt like I was inspired. I read this quote and thought 'okay, then! back to work, girl!'

I'm off to design some new projects. You go read this article. It's really good. 

Image taken for instructional purposes from the page of the Pace Gallery. Learn more about Chuck Close and see this painting and others by Close right here on the Pace Gallery site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?