Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Tuesday Newsletter, October 27th, 2015

Hello there! It really feels like fall this week, and we are thrilled here at the shop. The approach of Halloween means that my children will finally stop planning and working on Halloween costumes. I think they like the planning and scheming and making MORE than the actual holiday. My youngest has been theorizing and sketching and dreaming about her possible costumes for this Halloween since at least March. Her older sister will come up with a perfectly reasonable costume (meaning it's made of stuff we already own, doesn't involve hours of sewing and actually looks great) only to disappear into a closet and reappear in a totally different costume. I'll be wearing my witch's hat, just like I did last year. Yes, I know that might be boring. I own a lot of black clothing and that hat fits my head. 

Today, I'll be putting out our new Falling Leaves Earring Make-N-Take (check it out at the work table!) AND I'll be opening our back room for a store decor sale you won't believe. We've unearthed some great bits and pieces of Ornamentea that you will love. I've got clocks (like in the pic at the top of this note) and doors, windows, frames, chairs, shelves and lighting that you might just want. Some of these items are ready-to-use, some of them are projects-in-the-making. Come check them out and don't be afraid to do a bit of bargaining...we really want these to go home with you!

Saturday, we are hosting Carol Owen for a Painting Without Planning class. If you have always wished you could paint, but something was stopping you, THIS is the class for you. Carol is going to show you several ways to have fun creating texture, blending colors and mixing it up. She'll get you over that 'I can't paint' hump and you'll leave with beautiful, hand-painted papers you'll want to frame. Click the link later in this note to learn more about Carol's wonderful class. 

Finally, do look at the very bottom of my note each week. I try (super hard) to always give you a nifty coupon or three. It's my gift to you! 


this is excerpted from our weekly store newsletter
if you don't subscribe, you should! do that, here






No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?