Monday, September 24, 2007

new leafy beads

We got in these leafy beads this last week and Pam made up a pair of earrings with them...nice and fall-ish. Now if only the weather would get the hint.

I grew up in Ohio. In September it's not exactly winter yet, but you can wear tights. And sleeves. I have been in North Carolina for twelve (almost 13!) years and was in Texas for 3 years before that. You would think after 16 years I would be used to the idea that fall doesn't really start until October. I am not. I cherish the teeniest hint of a bit of chill in the air and look longingly at my favorite corduroy skirt and closed-toe shoes all month long this time of year. Right now I am just making fall-ish jewelry. A browns and silver chicken necklace, a few pins, some beady bangles in fall-ish shades. And now these leaves, I am thinking a pair of light-weight earrings accented with those Green Girl acorn buttons we have, or maybe a pin with a wreath of leaves.

3 comments:

  1. Love these earrings! You know I don't wear jewelry, but I like these well enough to wear these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!

    I absolutely love Fall also. It's the perfect time of year with the colorful trees and chill in the air... as well as the end of my allergy problems for the year!

    I clicked over from Kiona's blog.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Lovely earrings...i just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?