Wednesday, September 26, 2007

tiny people alert!


Ok, run, do not walk, to Askew Taylor on Glenwood Avenue and get yourself some tiny people. They are available in several styles - men, women, walking, groups - and they are fabulous. I know, you are saying 'Gee, Cynthia, what the h*ll will I do with these tiny people?' Well, dear friend, I will tell you. You can embed them in or Amazing Glaze or even EnviroTex. Those resins will make a tiny home for your tiny people. I have these five fab business ladies...I am thinking of making them a tiny microphone and having them be a girl group miniature. Or maybe I will paint teeny red suits on them! Oh, I am excited. As soon as I get the final stuff back to the editors this week I will play with my new, tiny friends. They were photographed on a sheet from my Rhodia pad and so you can see that they are all less than an inch tall. This is the package -my new entourage cost me under $9. That's less than two lattes. What a deal. If you haven't been to Askew Taylor, well, go. It's the world's most cluttered art supply store so you are constantly finding items such as this. Well, actually I found these because my friend, Mary, pointed them out, but you'd find them because you were just looking for a glue stick or something. They have paint, paper, canvas, brushes, model airplanes,balsa wood, boat varnish, teeny tiny people, you name it.

Oh, I am sorry that the last pic is turned on it's side. I tried and tried to get it to stay rotated but even though I would rotate it in iphoto it didn't stay rotated. I know, I could just ask my husband and I.T. guy but then he'd just poke around and figure it out. I will figure it out later, myself. That way I won't interrupt The Daily Show and someday when he has this problem I will say, oh, yeah, this is how you fix that. I like to impress him every once in a while and it's kinda hard to do so this is my big chance. For some reason, he won't be impressed by a pendant with a teeny tiny girl group in it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Askew-Taylor! It's like shopping in your Grandmother's attic...you never know what you're gonna find. And, unless it's urban myth...it's also the only store I've ever shopped that's been hit by a train! Yep, my hubby told me it was knocked a few inches off it's foundation by a train that derailed the tracks behind it. Good stuff.

    Your tiny people rock, very Twilight Zone. Can't wait to see the finished product. Let me know if you make it back to Vegas. Wish I had an A-T here. -Venia Conte

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?