Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Betz's Acorn Fun


It's a certified heat wave fall here on the East Coast. It was eighty-something today, October 9th. Huh? Betz is really suffering, she just recently relocated to our warmer area from the icey upper Midwest. Sorry, Betz. It's hard to get used to. I am still trying.

So Betz made these lovely little wooly acorns. Nice. I made a whole bunch of them. My daughter was thrilled to pick up the caps for me and I pretended it was cool outside. I may just try to make some soup tomorrow. Can I serve chili with ice in it?

Visit Betz's site for a million other great ideas. She has a book coming out soon that I am very eager to see. Oh, and obviously this photo is stolen from her site, that's her lovely vase, not mine. She also has great taste in shoes.

2 comments:

  1. I made some to. Aren't they fun and simple. Put them in a little bowl at work with my knitted/felted pumpkin along side and people have gone "nuts" over them (no pun intended!) So on my list of things to do this weekend is to head to Ornamentea/Panopolie and get some more felt balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now these are just too neat! I meet with quilting friends who do work in wool too. We were called The Wooly Nuts for awhile, so your acorns really strike a cord! Lovely felted flowers! My creative life has switched more to paper and collage, but I loved hooking and dying wool not that long ago. I want to do it all! Fun browsing your blog!
    ~*~ Patty in VA

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?