Thursday, August 14, 2008

The book is here...

well, it's actually on the way here, in boxes on a truck. A very alert person told me last night that the folks at Amazon had it ready to ship already, ditto for Barnes and Noble. I looked it up and did a few minutes of late-night pj dancing. Wahoo. That's my book! Then I thought, WAIT, why don't I have any of them? I have heard complaints before from small book sellers about the 'big guys' getting books before the small folks but until just now I always thought, so what. NOW I am annoyed, this is MY book! How can they have it before I do??? Well, the secret according to my sources at the publisher is that the big book stores have their stock diverted before the book even reaches the U.S. When the books are packed up in Singapore they pack so many boxes for Amazon, so many for Barnes and Noble, etc. The rest go to the publisher's warehouse and THEN to the small book sellers.

So, moral of this story? Be patient with your local small book seller or craft store if they don't have the book you want the day it comes out. They are trying as hard as they can to compete with giant book-nabbing gorillas.

Second moral of the story? MY BOOK IS ON AMAZON! Wow. That is just crazy. Crazy. But don't order it there, please. Get it from your local bead store or non-chain book store or from ME. Still, it's pretty cool to see my book there...

And now I have a book release party to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?