Saturday, October 04, 2008

Cabochon fun...


So we just got in these cabochons with skulls-and-crossbones on them. Black and white, of course. I am thinking a nice pair of dainty earrings with some delicate beads? Or pearls? I may try to make a piece like the one on the cover of my book (it's there, to the left...see? with the filigree bent around like a setting?) I am not sure.

In reality, I really should be cleaning off my studio table. Really, I could just pour myself a glass of wine and do that. Clean the table. Put stuff away. Or I could just slide the mess to the side and see what I can make with the cabs. I mean, really, how much work space do I need, anyway? 6 inches should do it, right? Right?

2 comments:

  1. RIGHT!! That is how I work!! Shovel to the side and use available space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,

    What a flash from the past!!!! My Grandmother actually had a shaking machine similar to that in your picture. All of us Grandkids spent hours playing with that thing! Needless to say, none of us (or my Grandmother to say the least) ended up looking like that model! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    - Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?