Friday, January 02, 2009

Open

My resolutions for this year...

Write a real paper letter each week to a friend or family member...it can be short, it can even be a postcard. Just write it and send it, or draw it and send it. Emails and texts and facebook posts don't count...paper, ink, envelope, stamp.

Declutter my studio by finishing projects and giving them away to friends and family. (And by writing letters on all the stationery and cards I have made/purchased over the years!)

My word for the year...Open. Open space, open communication, open to ideas, open to possibilities.

And that's it...what about yours?

5 comments:

  1. "out of the box" .... this is my phrase for 2009. Whether it be creatively or in my family life I am going to open the lid try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 PM

    oooh, I like that first resolution. Maybe I'll save that one for next year. I am still kind of undecided about my resolution(s). I think that what it comes down to is 'balance' being my word for 2009

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good New Year Resolution , love the letter writing idea .
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Resolution for 2009 is to start a new blog (I abandoned the one I had in Raleigh before moving...)!
    It will be written in French so Cynthia, you will be able to practice your French, yes! (Maybe another resolution for 2009?)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cynthia! I wanted to let you know that you helped inspire me to write to a friend every week this year! I mentioned this and linked to your blog in my blog post about it...if this isn't ok, please let me know and I will edit ASAP! I am in Greensboro and am planning to come to Ornamentea one Saturday in the near future. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something else to add?