Thursday, March 19, 2009

Charm Exchange Slumber Party Coming Up...

We have a Charm Exchange Slumber Party coming up at Panopolie in a little over a week. I am participating (of course!) and we have some other great folks already signed up. Are you coming? You'll need to get your 10 charms in a bit early so we can sort them, or you can just come to the party and swap with folks in person...

There will be three make-n-takes that night; Resin Plique-a-Jour, Shrink Plastic Messages and Stamped Tags. I am doing the Resin Plique-A-Jour and you'll learn to create resin-based enamel-look charms. We'll work with the ICE resin, which I am personally addicted to. You'll make a locket and a dangle that you can use on a necklace or bracelet. The other make-n-takes are fabulous...and folks can do one or all of them.

We don't have themes for our Charm Exchanges but my personal theme was Work From My Stash. Seriously. I know this is a bad thing for me to say (I do SELL beads and do-dads!) but really, I think most of us have lots of materials that we could use to make some groovy charms without doing any shopping. Just sit down in your favorite workspace and MAKE 10 CHARMS. That's it. No excuses. I did this and I was really happy with what I made. They are all different, more or less, but they all use some beadies or goodies that I have had just hanging around. A few use bezels left over from my last charm swap*, a few use filigree left over from writing the book, a couple are projects that almost made it into the new book. It was fun to just make the tiny beauties and write a note with each and then wrap them up. I made 17 before I could stop myself! Since we are closed tomorrow it's the perfect time to do this; you can't come see us even if you want to!

So, you, go make some Stash Charms...and then call Panopolie and sign up for the Charm Exchange on Friday when they open back up after inventory.

I'll see you at the party!

*my last swap was with Amber Dawn and I do owe you a post with pics of the amazing charms I got in exchange...it was a Black And White swap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something else to add?